Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2.5 Years Later

Okay, I know it has been 2.5 years since my last post. Well, I will try to sum things up in just a few short paragraphs. Tanner was born September 29, 2009. He is perfect and is all boy. Loves to watch Sportscenter and play any sport that involves a ball (Every sports loving dad's dream).




















In the December of 2009, we moved to Mountain Home, AR so I could finish my Masters to become a Nurse Practitioner. My mom allowed Julie and I to live in the polebarn as long as I would mow and maintain the place. Julie quit her job and was able to stay home with Tanner during the first 9 months of his life. I worked PRN at the hospital in the float pool. It was great having Julie home with the baby.









That summer we went to TN, NM and Bull Shoals Lake to visit friends and family. I have to admit one of my highlights was eating dinner with a heir of the Bush's Beans family. One of Julie's friends (RoRo) introduced us while we were in TN on vacation. Julie's parents allowed us to use a week of the time-share since they were not going to use it.



The fall came with me back in school, Julie working at a small school district teaching SpEd. We found a great in-home baby sitter part time for Little Dude. My mom helped out with babysitting 2 days week as well. Julie's folks came to visit for Tanner's first birthday. It was great. On December 17, my grandpa pasted away. I often wondered why I had to move to Mnt. Home so I could finish school. But, if I hadn't I would not have been able to skin a deer, split wood and have early morning coffee with my grandpa at the College Station.




Julie and I were able to spend Christmas with her folks and brother back in Farmington. I had a great time, we even got a little bit of snow. Not like we did the last time we went back for Christmas but enough to make things look pretty. The spring semester came with more of the same, school and work. I graduated with my MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner degree on May 7, 2011.
Not knowing where we were supposed to go, the Lord decided for us. Our renters who were supposed to buy our house when the lease was up moved due to a new job that was out of state. So, we moved back to Fayetteville. Julie, because of her hard work and teaching skills was given the choice between 2 jobs at her old Middle School in Springdale. I started studying for my certification exam and passed.



Through all the moving, working, school, fun, laughter, heart-ache, and crying I would not change one thing. I miss my grandpa very much and wish he could have seen me graduate. The Lord has shown the way and has guided us though the whole thing. At times it was a grind, others seemed like a sprint. The writer of Hebrews 12:1 tells me to "... lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us and let us run with endurance the that is set before us. 2)Looking unto Jesus..."

No comments: